QuiqSend takes your Privacy seriously. This privacy document applies to the Site www.QuiqSend.com.au and is effective as of 15 June 2016.
QuiqSend respects your rights to privacy and is bound by the 1988 Privacy Act of Australia. For more information on the act, please visit:
QuiqSend is fully committed to protecting our customers' privacy and security. Please review the following document to ensure you fully understand what information we collect about you and with whom we share it. You should read this document in its entirety. It should also be noted we may amend the content of this document at any time by posting a revised version on our website. More information regarding this can be found under section 10
QuiqSend provides the following information to explain what personal information we collect about you, with whom we share it, and how you can direct us not to share certain information with certain parties. "Personal Information" refers to the meaning given to it under the relevant acts in your region. You should read this document in its entirety.
QuiqSend collects information by lawful and fair means only.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
QuiqSend is required to collect various types of information. This includes:
- Information that you provide us in the course of using the QuiqSend service, such as your name, residential or business address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Details of the services which you require from QuiqSend.
- We may also collect certain sensitive information from you including your bank account number, credit card number, date of birth, passport number, drivers licence number and social security number. Information about your usage of the QuiqSend service, including your transaction history, and how and to whom you use the QuiqSend service to send or receive money;
In order to use QuiqSend, we also request certain third party information. This includes the recipients:
- full name, physical address, email address and phone number
- We may also collect from you a recipient’s sensitive financial information including their bank account and routing number.
If QuiqSend is unable to collect the above information then we may be unable to provide you with our service.
QuiqSend collects this information in various ways, including but not limited to;
- Conversations held over the phone by you and QuiqSend staff members
- Through your use of the QuiqSend website, including support messages
- When you submit a payment or complete a contract
- When you send information in emails or correspond with QuiqSend
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties such as verification services and credit reporting agencies
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the QuiqSend service, your IP address, the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing QuiqSend.
- We may also use "cookies" to track your use of this website. A cookie is a small data file that we may place on your computer to identify you when you return to the website. You are free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, but doing so may interfere with your use of the Service. The information we store in the cookie is not Personal Information but a number that we generate and could not be used to lookup a user's Personal Information without the proprietary QuiqSend system. Should you wish to opt-out of digital advertising or remarketing, please follow the applicable links: Bing, Google and Facebook.
QuiqSend is required to collect certain personal information under the following act
- The AML/CTF Act 2006 in Australia
We are required to collect personal information in order to:
- To provide services and products to you and undertake associated business processes and functions
- To verify your identity and comply with legal obligations under the relevant anti-money laundering acts dependent on your jurisdiction.
- To collect payment for your use of the website and the services provided
- To troubleshoot problems with the website and the services provided
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal use of the website and the services provided
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers
- For administration, planning and account management
- To develop, monitor and improve services
- Any other purpose disclosed to you at the time of information collection
SHARING INFORMATION WITH OTHERS
QuiqSend will not sell or lease the information we collect to third parties for their promotional purposes unless we receive your permission to do so. Nevertheless, we may share personal information about you as follows:
- To entities or service providers under contract with QuiqSend for the purposes of conducting our business and providing our services to you. This includes; transaction processing, fraud prevention and professional advisors such as solicitors, business advisors and consultants. Entities we partner with to offer additional products and services, but only when you elect to receive information about those additional products and services.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your personal information might be a part of the transferred assets. We shall notify you in the event of such an occurrence by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement and government officials, but only in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, as well as circumstances where we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to comply with the law, report suspected illegal activity, or investigate violations of our User Agreement. This is in order to satisfy our obligations under the relevant AML/CFT Laws.
- As may be required under any other law
MODIFY AND ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
QuiqSend is required to hold customer information for a period of 7 years. Should you wish to close your account we will remove access to your QuiqSend account. However, all information relating to your payments including but not limited to;
- Your name, address, date of birth and other relevant personal information.
- The amount you paid and the amount that was received by the beneficiary
- The details of the recipient bank account.
- The details of the recipient bank account.
Options to access, modify or update your personal information saved to the QuiqSend website can be found by logging into your account and changing your preferences or in the instances where personal information cannot modified or amended by you by contacting QuiqSend to request changes you may deem necessary.
QuiqSend will take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold on your file is up to date, complete and accurate, this is in order to minimise the possibility that you are contactable and appropriate information is used to make a decision about you. However, please note that QuiqSend is in no way responsible for information that is not updated on your account and as such advises all customers that they routinely check that the information provided on their account is correct.
MODIFY OR RESTRICT THE USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
A QuiqSend customer may restrict the sharing of their personal information as follows: If, after giving QuiqSend your permission to share your personal information with third parties, with whom we deem it necessary to provide our jointly offered services, you later decide that you no longer want us to share such information, you can email support@QuiqSend.com.au. It should be noted that a request to restrict or modify the use of your information may result in you no longer being able to use our services.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You are entitled to request all personal information held by QuiqSend at any given time. To do so you need to contact QuiqSend directly via support request or email. Where you are entitled to that information QuiqSend will ensure it is provided in the manner you requested it. If it is not practical or probable to do so, QuiqSend will provide the information in another suitable form such as via email or post.
There may be circumstances which mean that information cannot be released to you. For example these circumstances may include:
- The information may impact the privacy of another individual
- The information is commercially sensitive evaluative information
- The information is subject to solicitor-client or litigation privilege
- QuiqSend is prohibited by law from providing you with access
- The disclosure could be expected to threaten the safety, physical or mental health or life of an individual.
If QuiqSend decides that it cannot provide you with certain information it will outline the reasons for its decision in writing and the mechanisms available to complain about the refusal
SECURITY - SSL SECURED
QuiqSend takes all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information. We have a range of safeguards to protect this information. QuiqSend uses the highest level of online security available to protect the information you submit to us through the QuiqSend website. We have put in place SSL [Secure Socket Layer] encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted from the QuiqSend website. We also require a username and password from each user who wishes to access the information held in their QuiqSend account and other areas on the QuiqSend website. All forms of personal information are kept online on your account. However, in some instances where information is mailed to us, we upload the documents and then destroy them.
COMPLAINTS AND DISPUTES
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The QuiqSend website contains links to other websites. QuiqSend maintains it is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other web sites. Please ensure you familiarise yourself with the privacy practices of these other sites prior to submitting your personal information to them.
AVAILABILITY AND CHANGES TO THIS POLICY